Adentica has invested in laser technology to provide optimal results and the best possible patient comfort. All Adentica Dentists have completed the additional training and will discuss with you how they believe the laser could be used in your treatment if appropriate.
Lasers work by delivering energy in the form of light. When used for surgical and dental procedures, the laser acts as a cutting instrument or a vaporizer of tissue that it comes in contact with.
Lasers can be used for a range of procedures with the major benefits:
- minimising bleeding as the laser aids in clotting, a key benefit for those on blood thinning medication
- increased accuracy as the laser provides an exact cut rather than traditional methods which need to allow for recession
- assists in tissue regeneration making wounds heal faster
- minimising bacterial infections as the laser sterilises the area, and
- certain procedures no longer require local anaesthetic.