As parents ourselves we understand the challenges of brushing children's teeth! At Adentica Family Dentists we make children's visits fun and encourage parents to bring children from age 2 so they can have a ride in the chair and count teeth together with the Dentist. As your child grows, we take time to educate them on the correct techniques to brush and floss their teeth.
The Dentist will continue to monitor your child's tooth and jaw development to ensure a smooth transition to adult teeth and a confident healthy smile.
Adentica has a NO GAP charge for children covered by Private Health Insurance for their checkup and clean. Please bring your private health insurance card to the appointment. The fund must contribute towards the treatment so please ensure you haven't reached annual limits.
Adentica BULK BILLS children eligible for the Medicare Child Dental Benefit Scheme. Call us to find out if your child is eligible.
Advice for parents whose child has experienced oral trauma:
- Control any bleeding by applying pressure
- Check for any further injuries such as a bump to the head
- Comfort the child and apply ice (ice cream or ice blocks can be very helpful)
- Provide pain relief either Nurofen or Paracetamol
- If a "baby tooth" is knocked out DO NOT attempt to put it back in, as this may cause damage to the "adult" permanent tooth or lead to infection.
- If a tooth is knocked out, always try to find the tooth - at least for the Tooth Fairy!
- It is always worth consulting your dentist to confirm if it was a "baby" or "adult" tooth and to ensure no further damage was caused to tooth roots or under the gums.